10/10/2014

THE DREAM TAG ♡

Photo courtesy by Dorothy.





Hey Zengarmy,


✌ IT'S MY BIRTHDAY IN 5 DAYS! ✌

On the 15th October I'll be officially 18 years old. 
I know, I know. I don't look 18. 
I will still have my I.C questioned by ticket sellers in cinemas, 
and always quizzed on my postcode and middle name. 
Lots of people call me "young face". 
I'm thinking this is just a nicer way of saying "childish face". 


I'm not going to lie, 
I'd love to wake up on birthday morning with a mountain of cards 
and the postman knocking on the door with a huge bunch of flowers and helium balloon for me, 
however, this will not happen. haha. 
We can dream though right? 
I'm still not 100% sure of what i'm going to do on my Birthday. 
I didn't realize quite how indecisive I was. 
Whatever it may be, I will be sure to capture it and update you.







I was quite tempted to write a blog post like this for a very long time.

First of all, sorry if you can't understand the words in the picture.
( It's okay I can be your translater hahahah )
These words are in mandarin, and it says :
" Live your life without limits, in your limited lifetime. "


Damn, I couldn't agree more with this.


The philosophical self within me had always been struggling with this question :

" DO YOU LIVE TO WORK, OR WORK TO LIVE ? "

It might seem to be an easy question at first,
but the moment when you started to really ponder over it,
It will just puzzle you, to the extent.






We all know that life is not a bed of roses.


Everybody dreams. 
Whether it’s one specific goal or lots of little ones, 
everyone has something they aspire to or want to achieve in life. 
It can be from wanting to climb Mount Everest to losing a couple of pounds, 
but everyone has something,
and when we’re kids, we’re always asked to try and figure out what it is.



" What do you want to be when you grow up? "



A lot of us will say the things our parents do, or jobs we’ve seen on TV,
and a lot of the time they change, 
as we get older and figure out what we’re good at and what we’re capable of. 
However, sometimes what we’re good at, leads to jobs that are in a bit of a grey area. 


The things I was ever REALLY passionate about in high school,
were writing, music, drawing and art : 
subjects that lead to job titles like Blogger, Novelist, Singer, Artist, 
and probably ... Psychologist
Job titles that I was always told were “unrealistic", 
and I think other people see those jobs that way for 3 main reasons.


1. They think that these jobs don’t go to just “anyone”, 
and you have to come from a well connected, wealthy background to be noticed. 

2. They think that because it’s been something they’ve wanted for ages, 

and it hasn’t happened yet…it never will. 

3. They don’t know how to go about getting jobs like that, 

and therefore think there’s some secret club they don’t know about, 
where all the good actors get picked up for films.


Well...

I would say that these assumptions are partially correct & partially NOT CORRECT.


This is your life.
Do what you love, and do it often.
If you don't like something, change it.
If you don't like your job, quit.
If you don't have enough time, stop watching TV.
If you are looking for the love of your live, STOP.
They will be waiting for you when you start doing things you love.


Stop over analyzing, life is simple.
All emotions are beautiful.
When you eat, appreciate every last bite.
Open your mind, arms, and heart to new things and people,
we are united in our differences.


Ask the next person you see what their passion is,
and share your inspiring dream with them.
Travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself.
Some opportunities only come once, seize them.
Life is about the people you meet,
and the things you create with them,
SO GO OUT AND START CREATING !!!


Life is short.
Live your dream and share your passion.







So, as an 8-year-old when I was asked “What do you want to be when you grow up?”, 
I would be proud that the answer I said then, is that I never gave up.
Just because it hasn’t happened yet, doesn’t mean it never will. 
As long as you’re sure it’s what you want to do and you put the work in, 
you have as much chance as anyone else, 
of making that so called “unrealistic” dream, become realistic.


The city sleeps, yet dreamers stay awake. 







 photo zeng teck signature_zpscpamp0ov.jpg

No comments :

Post a Comment

 photo back to top 1_zpsf8bgncs9.png